Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Enjoy"ing the new "In Colors"


Okay, okay, I promise to show you something other than the new "In Colors" soon! (In fact, I've been working on a few fall/harvest cards over the weekend that incorporate the Earth Elements colors and two new stamp sets (one from the new Holiday Mini!). I will show you those later in the week.
This card highlights a great use for the new scallop square punch. The Pink Pirouette frame that boarders the Riding Hood Red "enjoy" is actually created by punching the scallop punch three consecutive times. It takes a bit of practice to learn how to line it up properly, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes fairly easy. I love the color combination of Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red and Baja Breeze! I added a pearl to the center of the flower, and, yes, that is glitter on the flower (because I couldn't resist). I also added a spiral paper clip for an accent, though I think next time I would have tied a pink ribbon on it, just to add a final touch. This was the Make & Take for September's Stamper's 10 meeting.

No comments: