Friday, September 19, 2008

A Simple "Thank You" Card


I wanted to create a very simple, clean "thank you" card featuring black and white with just a splash of color. I chose to use blue, and of course, this particular shade (Pacific Point) is one of the new "In Colors." The flower image is actually the bottom section of the large block stamp "Happiness," which I inked with Pacific Point. I used the new square scallop punch to frame the image to make it stand out and accented the layers with black ribbon. I wanted to add just a little something extra, so I used my paper piercing tool to make a row of dots in between layered paper and the sentiment. There is a small silver dot (made by a silver gel pen) on either side of the sentiment, the center of each flower is also accentuated with a silver sparkle. I think it took me longer to type this entry than it did to make the card! Sometimes easy is good!

No comments: